Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Backpack on, shoes tied tight.

The first day of school still has really weird feelings for me. Even though I have had lots and lots of them. This one was different though because, unless God changes things, this will be my last first day of school. I feel ready. All day I just kept thinking about coming home tonight after Psych of Personalities and makes a delicious supper. That means I am ready to do other things than school. And it means that I was starving because I didn't get a lunch break till 3ish. Retarded. In all of this thinking about the lasts of things makes me think about how restful it is to literally trust Jesus. Not just say it, but really do it. He holds our future in his hands. It's so silly to try to figure things out. If you would have told me my senior year of high school that I would not go to Columbia in Chicago and instead go to SIC then C'dale, what disappointment I would have felt. But Praise Jesus he holds my future and I don't! The past 4 years of my life, God and changed and molded me. Ultimately I have been exactly where I was supposed to be, and let it be know, I was completely and utterly satisfied. There is such contentment and joy in obedience. My life belongs to my living Redeemer, I am not my own.


My delicious supper:

1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup Italian Dressing

Pound chicken flat and marinate in that mixture for a while. Cook on George Forman grill.

Peel and dice potatoes, boil in water till soft. drain water and mash with 3 tbs butter. splash-o-la of milk, lil cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper.

Get your friend Sarah to buy you a crock pot for christmas. Put bacon grease, minced onion, lil chicken broth, and 2 cans of green beans in crock pot. Cook on high for a few hours.

Call your fiance, tell him to bring over a pepsi, and Lost season one, enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Remember that time we had Lo Mein and Mashed Potatoes and I dumped the salt in them??!! Yeah...

    I really loved reading this, because I can see how much you've grown in just the past two years. Even though we don't spend a lot of time together, I consider you one of my greatest friends! I love how you love Jesus with all you have, and sometimes on days when I don't so much feel like being loving, I just put on my LilyWhite bracelet and see who I can get to look at it :)

    I know you and Jared are going to do great things~I'm also very proud that you are making tasty dinners for him! Perhaps, the 4 of us can go to dinner sometime when I get home!

    Love ya Vaughnie!!

    ReplyDelete